Thursday 12 December 2013

A like and a dislike...

A realisation came this morning that so far on my nail polish blog I have only posted about nail polishes which I either like or love. This seems awfully positive for a person that has had loads of polishes which I have disliked. So to be truthful to you many hundreds of followers (just kidding) I decided I'd post about a nail polish which I have not liked (I am surprised as you are about the brand) and also a nail polish I have liked (another brand shocker!) Here we go!

The Good. This is it, I was unsure of this brand at first seeing as I have bought from them previously (a few decades ago...) and it didn't turn out too well seeing as the coverage wasn't great. Leading to being put off and also believing the fabulous new colours looked great in the mini bottle but probably not on the nails.
However a brain change came when seeing some rather positive reviews from other lovely bloggers. I took the plunge, buying two at once seeing as they were on offer. Everyone loves a good bargain now and then. Pink Bikini is very pink and very bright (an understatement) also brilliant to wear with a bikini when the lovely weather returns next year. Additionally Orange Attack was purchased which is similarly as brilliant. From the limited experience gained with this range recently it's definitely one to pick if you want stand-out bright nails as the name suggests. A real colour show...


The Bad. Begrudgingly a Barry M nail polish is the dislike in this post. As can be seen from other posts, this brand is popular as a whole especially the lovely colours within the range. However I cannot bring myself to appreciate this effect nail polish which promised loads of sprinkles and coverage as your top coat. Reason for the dislike is due to my belief that the coverage of the little pink and white sprinkles doesn't come out the way on the stand appeared (which was the desired effect) even with a few coats. Another con to this particular nail effect is that it does seem to take forever to come off which when I am out partying to the late hours up late, I don't want to be up even later trying to get this off for work the next day. So sorry Barry M makers it's not a hit for me, others may disagree though - which my friends do. One last attempt to like this nail polish was tried in the making of this blog but sadly it didn't work...

After writing a not so positive review about a nail polish I don't feel great anymore. I'll have to write another positive one to balance out the evil tomorrow. Here's the combination of the like and the dislike to end the blog...


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...