Tuesday 25 February 2014

February's Polish Party: Chevrons

Today is another little challenge from the Polish Party, which as you can probably tell from the title is Chevrons. I had a little bit of a moment when this was chosen seeing as I had to Google search it just to see what it is! I think it was just mind block... The nail polishes where chosen seeing as they had been teased about on instagram a while a go, so I thought I'd let you out of the misery!
It's Maybelline Colour Show, in the colours 215 Iced Queen and 214 Green With Envy which are pretty cool names for these colours. In my personal estimation this is a lovely collection and has brilliant bright colours in it - always good in my books. The reason being for purchasing these polish is due to other bloggers raving about reduced GOSH polishes in their local store, therefore I just HAD to pop into mine. There was no GOSH products reduced but there were some Maybelline Colour Show! Anyway onto the actual nails...



Just a brilliant pastel colour on the nails, fits in very well with the season of nearly springtime. This one was easy to apply for the first 4 nails and then went a tad streaky on my thumb nail but it was all sorted with a third coat of polish. For the chevron design, I used stripy scissors to cut across Selotape to create mini chevrons and this is how it turned out:




It's a very simple design but I think the contrasting colours certainly get your attention. Iced Queen was much simpler to apply and there was no streaking areas. (Hopefully not due to the less space covered and is like this all the time!) Overall I'd give thumbs up to both of these nail polishes and this is my little post contribution to the Polish Party this month...

8 comments:

  1. Great design! I love the contrasting colours, they work really well! Iced Queen is such a gorgeous polish too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love Iced Queen, It's a brilliant light purple without being too see through. :) Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant colours and design! I have to admit that I too had to Google 'Chevrons', what we like! I realised what they were straight away - like you said it must have been a bit of mind block! Anyway, gorgeous nails the colours are beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a bit of a 'moment'! Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Iced Queen is really lovely! I just love dusty, moody blues like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love a good dusty colour, my favourite is called Navy Seal I believe by Rimmel Pro... I am not quite sure :S

      Delete
  4. Love these colours together, fab job =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do go quite well together! Thanks :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...